Thursday, August 9, 2012

Interesting Day......

So Monday I feel an inkling of a sore throat coming on. I sleep with a fan on me and AC so I thought that maybe since I went to sleep wit h wet hair it was just from that. While I was at work I missed a call from the Makeup Forever Academy wanting me to be a model for them the next day. Unfortunately when I returned the call, all positions were filled and I would be put on call. On the way home I thought about getting some NyQuil to stop it from getting worse, but shrugged it off as nothing. I woke up around 7am feeling like I swallowed a TENNIS BALL. I was so sick. Relieved that I didn't have to work that day, I threw on some clothes to run and get some NyQuil and resigned myself to being knocked out for most of the morning. I did have a casting for Reebok, but it was later in the day. Of course right when I open my door to leave I get a call saying a model backed out and they wanted me to come in for 9:30am! So of course I accept and hurry to get both day and NyQuil so I can function. I take the DayQuil, rush to the city and immediately into makeup.
 While I'm sitting in the chair, I start feeling woozy. It's warm in the room and I'm having trouble sitting still. The makeup artist has a very light hand and it was irritating me, which is unusual. I went to the bathroom twice and collapsed on the cool floor which helped me for a bit, but then I would get worse. Finally I told the artist I took DayQuil. She tells me that even though it says non-drowsy, the medicine still relaxes you and is trying to fight off the symptoms. One of the directors gave me a simple Chinese fan to keep myself cool and some water. That fan was a lifesaver! I made it through, had wonderful shoot and then we broke for lunch. I was supposed to have a second, dramatic look after lunch, which worried me because I still had the casting later and I didn't think I would be able to make it, especially if I had to redo my natural makeup. Luckily, they ended up with more models and didn't need me for the second part. I was kind of bummed since I wanted both prints for my portfolio, but hey, I got a sizable gift certificate for Makeup For Ever (love that brand!) and a nice photoshoot. Not bad!
Now I'm ready to go home and crawl into bed. I'm thinking about skipping the casting, because it also requires dancing and my stomach is hurting now. Nevertheless, I push through, get to the office, change and have a great audition.
I'm very proud of myself for not succumbing to my sickness and getting all of that accomplished. I can be pretty aloof sometimes and procrastinate. Even if I don't book the job, I impressed the CDs once again and maybe the next one will be for me. This experience inspired me to get back on track and focus more than I have been these past couple of months. Not to mention learning the dangers of DayQuil!


No comments:

Post a Comment