Sunday, April 29, 2012

End of April Review

April has been a weird month for me. This spring has been weird for me. I feel like I've done some things, but I also feel as if I could've done more.

  • I auditioned for the Houston Grand Opera again. After booking 3 shows in a row these past few years I just knew I was a shoe-in for their upcoming production of "Showboat". well, I was wrong. Another strong dancer showed up and showed out. We both had great auditions but ultimately I didn't get it. They were only looking for a female understudy to fit in with the rest of the cast they brought in from Chicago, so I guess I didn't fit the bill. Oh, well. I'll get 'em next time. 
  • My visit to Houston was wayyyyy too short. I didn't have nearly enough time to see my son and the rest of my family and friends. Next time I'll make sure I visit longer.

With that being said, here are my accomplishments:
  • I really enjoy Anthony Abeson's class. From the very first day I felt at home and everyone was/is so welcoming. We do so much in just one day and I'm excited that we're preparing a show, I'm working on a monologue to present, I just got a scene partner and we're starting to work, and the whole class has decided to write produce and star in our own showcase. All of this in just one month!
  • I've had a few castings, and although I didn't book any that's still good that I at least had some. I still think I'm not getting sent out nearly as much as I should in a market like NYC, but hopefully once I find a solid agent, that will change.
  • Slowly but surely I'm going to dance class more. I realize that I've been slacking off and am definitely starting to put more effort into taking more ballet and theatre dance classes.
  • I finished Roz Coleman's class and I have to say I really enjoyed it. She helped clear out some of the stuff I needed to get rid of mentally and I had a lot of fun working on the sides with her in class and exploring my choices with her. I hope to work with her someday in the future.
  • I survived substitute teaching 4 out of 5 days last week. Believe me, that is definitely an accomplishment for me!
I guess looking at the list I did a lot more than I thought. I'm just really ambitious and so ready to reach a larger milestone in my career. I'm really looking forward to what May will bring. I going to focus more and stop being so lazy. I have way too much free/down time and I'm not using it productively or creatively. The first week of May I'll be sure to post my goals for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment